Those who have plans to travel to Cuba in the coming months and would like to show their solidarity by helping, I recommend bringing in your luggage a few kilograms of supplies to deliver directly to the victims. While anything can help those families that have lost their possessions, there are certain things and resources that are a priority.
- Water purifying tablets.
- Vitamins, every kind of painkiller, thermometers, band-aids, oral hydration salts, disposable syringes, cotton, medicinal sprays for asthmatics, aspirin, paracetamol and suture thread.
- Clothing of all kinds, including underwear and shoes.
- School supplies, especially notebooks and pencils.
- Rechargeable batteries, flashlights and portable radios.
- Toiletries: soap, toothpaste, shampoo and toothbrushes.
- Baby clothes and things for babies. Remember that babies have been left without even a bottle.
A recommendation to take into consideration: It is always preferable, whenever possible, to deliver the aid directly to those in need. Personal delivery or sending things through friends is the most secure.